A tradesman’s insurance policy is designed to provide a basic level of cover required by the smaller contracting business. The main benefit of a tradesmens policy is that it is priced on a per capita or number of people (employees and directors or partners). This makes the policy usually more competitive as it is quicker and easier to provide a quotation. Most tradesman’s policies are restricted to a maximum number of working persons, usually a maximum of ten.
Help with tradesman's insurance?Insurance featuresWhat next?
There are many “standard packaged” policies on the market, and they are likely to offer cover for some aspects of your business, but perhaps not all. Policies generally provide basic levels of cover for Employers liability, Public liability and Tools insurance cover.
But to ensure you have the correct levels of covers, including any additional insurance you may need, it is always a good choice to have your insurance arranged by an insurance broker. When working with us, we will:
- We work with you to fully understand your business and the risks you face
- We then work with our partner insurers to design an insurance policy that covers you and your business
- We will present to you the options available and recommend the best policy for you (including the cover, policy limits and exclusions, and price)
Tradesman’s Insurance typically features:
- Employers’ liability
- Public liability – with varying levels of indemnity as required
- Contract works – to protect the materials you are using both on site and in transit
- Options to extend to cover your tools and plant
- Option to extend to cover temporary employees
For more information on how we can help with your insurance needs please contact us or call us on 020 8205 3000.