Property Owners insurance (or Landlord insurance as it is also known) is designed to provide cover for the buildings and/or contents for properties that you own but let out to other people to live in, whether directly or via a letting agent.
Should you let your home out it is extremely important that you have the correct cover in place. The reason for this is that a standard buildings and contents cover will not cover you correctly and in fact Insurers would be well within their rights to refuse a claim outright.
- We work with you to fully understand your property and circumstances
- We then work with our partner insurers to design an insurance policy that covers you and your business
- We will present to you the options available and recommend the best policy for you (including the cover, policy limits and exclusions, and price)
- Cover for one property or a portfolio
- Private lets, or lets made via an agent, providing you have final vetting of the tenants
- Properties let to professionals, students and DSS
- Loss of rent due to an insured risk
- Alternative accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable
- Cover for periods of vacancy, such as in between tenancy agreements
- Your legal liability as a property owner
- Option to include theft and malicious damage by tenants
- Accidental damage to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and underground services
- Damage caused by emergency access
- Costs of tracing and accessing leaks