Property Owners insurance (or Landlord insurance as it is also known) is designed to provide cover for the buildings and/or contents for properties that you own but let out to other people to live in, whether directly or via a letting agent.
Should you let your home out it is extremely important that you have the correct cover in place. The reason for this is that a standard buildings and contents cover will not cover you correctly and in fact Insurers would be well within their rights to refuse a claim outright.
Help with Buy to let insurance insurance?Insurance featuresWhat next?
There are many “standard packaged” buy to let policies on the market, so you need to be careful when selecting the correct cover. Most insurers cover different types of tenants and provide a similar terms within the cover, however they can differ in terms of the levels of cover, term & conditions and exclusions. Unless you take the time to read your policy, you may find that if an accident occurs, you may not be covered.
- We work with you to fully understand your property and circumstances
- We then work with our partner insurers to design an insurance policy that covers you and your business
- We will present to you the options available and recommend the best policy for you (including the cover, policy limits and exclusions, and price)
Buy to let Insurance typically features:
- Cover for one property or a portfolio
- Private lets, or lets made via an agent, providing you have final vetting of the tenants
- Properties let to professionals, students and DSS
- Loss of rent due to an insured risk
- Alternative accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable
- Cover for periods of vacancy, such as in between tenancy agreements
- Your legal liability as a property owner
- Option to include theft and malicious damage by tenants
- Accidental damage to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and underground services
- Damage caused by emergency access
- Costs of tracing and accessing leaks
For more information on how we can help with your insurance needs please contact us or call us on 020 8205 3000.